Re: [Xen-devel] libxl: error: libxl.c:2150:libxl_set_memory_target new target 0 for dom0 is below the minimum threshold

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Nope... all my servers will always have those dom0_mem set. ÂIt is
>> > from xen-4.1-testing not xen-unstable for the two changeset.
>>
>> I still cannot see anything in that range. However as I said before, it
>> is expected that with dom0_mem set autoballoon needs to be disabled.
>
> We still haven't seen the full node IDs of the changesets which I asked
> for so it is not obvious that we are actually looking at the same range
> of changesets...

Sorry, I am actually not sure what ID you are asking :(

Changesets details as below:

changeset:   23110:4d5c76248de3
user:        Roger Pau Monne <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
date:        Sat Jul 23 09:01:25 2011 +0100
summary:     xend: remove PCI device listing from NetBSD, since it's Linux

changeset:   23190:5a00ccfc6391
user:        Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
date:        Fri Nov 18 13:38:05 2011 +0000
summary:     x86: re-inject emulated level pirqs in PV on HVM guests
if still asserted

>> Maybe it is worth documenting this somewhere, any suggestions where?
>
> xl man page? Perhaps we also need a separate /etc/xl.cfg (or whatever
> the path is) page?

Shouldn't it be xl.conf instead of xl.cfg?  xl man page will helps a
lot especially for those of us switching from xm to xl.

> If there is anywhere on the wiki which recommends dom0_mem= (and there
> should be) it should simultaneously mention this setting. As should any
> "getting started" page.
>
> On the other hand I'm not sure why autoballoon and dom0_mem play so
> badly together. Surely if dom0_mem is used autoballon should just see
> that there is plenty of free RAM in the system and not do anything?
>
> Ian.

From this experience, at least I learn more about xl and what
configuration should be set for my usage/environment.  Like for
example, when I used xl create hvmdomain... those iptables forward
rule chains are created as well for its vif and tap but when xl
trigger hvmdomain power or xl shutdown hvmdomain... those iptables
forward rule chains are still left intact :(  This isn't big issue for
me as I have created script to remove those though.  Anyway, I will
bring this up when you guys going to release xen-4.2-rc... ... as this
thread is not for me I know.

Thanks all ;)

Kindest regards,
Giam Teck Choon