[Xen-API] Proposal to rename xen-api mailing list

Hi xen-api list,

With the creation of the Linux Foundation Labs Xen Project, and the Xapi Project sub-project, we need to think about renaming our current mailing list to align itself with the new project names.

Eventually we will move our mail host from lists.xen.org to lists.xenproject.org. When this happens, we should probably change the name of the mailing list itself. I propose that we follow the naming conventions published on the Xen Project web site:

Since this mailing list is both a users list (for XCP users) and a developer list (for xapi development questions), I propose that we name the new list:

xapi-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If we find out later that having a single list for both user and developer discussion is untenable, we can then split up the xapi-general list into xapi-devel and xapi-users.

So, I'd appreciate it if everyone who is interested in this topic reply to this email with your comments. If there isn't strong dissent, I will create the list xapi-general and migrate this list to it. The other option is that we make two lists, xapi-devel and xapi-users. We'll decide on Monday, 18 June what the final list name will be, and we'll announce the cutover date some time later.

Mike