Re: [Xen-API] help install New Nic xcp 1.1

  • To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Brian Menges <bmenges@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 08:17:02 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 30 May 2013 15:17:18 +0000

Mike,

The newer X540 series adapters will require you to have drivers from Intel
installed. If you plan on using the SR-IOV features, this is a secondary set of
drivers as well.

Pretty sure the link (which I harvested from my history) is as follows:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/14687/eng/ixgbe-3.15.1.tar.gz&lang=eng&Dwnldid=14687&DownloadType=Drivers&OSFullname=Linux*

That's the source build drivers, pretty sure there might be RPM package based
drivers as well but I'm on Debian so source was required. Install is easy, just
have your kernel headers installed and you're good to go.

- Brian Menges
Principal Engineer, DevOps
GoGrid | ServePath | ColoServe | UpStream Networks