[Xen-API] Last round of XCP bug squashing in Debian Wheezy, before the release

Hi,

I've been trying to fix several bugs in XCP, before the Debian 7
release. It's not bug free yet, but it's going into that direction. I
would need some help to fix the remaining!

1/ The new 1.3.2-12 release
The Debian release team has already accepted an unblock for this new
version that I uploaded in Debian SID. Here's the debian/changelog:

* Fixes bashism in install-debian-pv.sh (Closes: #690612).
* Fixes bashism in interface-visualise (Closes: #690710).
* The /etc/init.d/xcp-squeezed script now depends on /etc/init.d/xen
since it has been renamed like this from xend. For this reason,
xcp-squeezed now depends on xen-utils-common (>= 4.1.3-3) (Closes: #682202).
* Downgrades openvswitch dependencies to Recommends: (Closes: #686779).
* Few corrections in the README.Debian (Closes: #682122, #682120).

After 10 days without new open bug on these issues, I will ask for such
an unblock. I'm particularly happy that #682202 can be closed.

2/ Fixed stuff for future 1.3.2-13
In the mean time, I've been trying to work on version 1.3.2-13. I have
already fixed these:

* Fixes: wait_for_xapi() function in init.d script doesn't work on slave
hosts (Closes: #681343), thanks to George Shuklin
<george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx> for the report and patch.
* Fixes: scripts/set-hostname was designed for CentOS, this has been
patched to fix this (Closes: #688961).

3/ scripts/xe-reset-networking: How to fix #687284?
Now, an easy question for fixing #687284. In it, we have:
management_conf = '/etc/firstboot.d/data/management.conf'

Should this be set to:
/var/lib/xcp/firstboot.d/data/management.conf

or to:
/var/lib/xcp/firstboot.d/management.conf

???

Also, the script has:
os.system("/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/interface-rename.py
--reset-to-install")

this is CentOS specific as well. What should be done to it? What does
interface-rename.py do in CentOS?

In fact, most of this scripts/xe-reset-networking has been designed for
CentOS, and would need a full rewrite. I could try rewriting it, if
someone tells me what's the purpose of this script.

4/ scripts/xe-edit-bootloader: #675055

Could someone look into fixing that one? What is the purpose of this
script? Is it ok that it seem to support only Grub 1, and not Grub 2?

5/ XAPI bugs: #675052, #678723

These are quite annoying, yet are dealing with the XAPI internals, and I
believe it would be a lot quicker if Mike or Jon could have a look and
fix it themselves. Please help me to fix these!!!

So, to summarize the work to be done to fix all bugs in XCP in Debian:

#687284, #675055: scripts/xe-reset-networking and
scripts/xe-edit-bootloader would need to be rewrote / rethought for Debian

#675052, #678723: would need attention from upstream.

We're nearly close to a clean package with no bugs just right before the
Wheezy release. I would really be nice to see these 4 remaining issue
closed. PLEASE HELP!

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)