Re: [Xen-API] FreeBSD on XenCloud

Hi all,

Fist of all thanks a lot for all you're help. In FreeBSD I have xentools (xenstore-*… xen-detect and that stuff) as port for being able to install it without issues. Reading the source code of Xenserver have seen that the only checks Xencenter and Xen Api does for allowing you to use xenservertools advantages (pausing, rebooting...) is basically to check 3 or 4 key's data…. concretely :

In xenserver 6.0.0 you can do :

- Obtain the xen domu id :

xe vm-list uuid='machine's UUID' params=dom-id --minimal

- get that number and replace below in {XEN-DOMU-ID} gaps….

xenstore-write /local/domain/{XEN-DOMU-ID}/attr/PVAddons/MajorVersion 6 /local/domain/{XEN-DOMU-ID}/attr/PVAddons/MinorVersion 0 /local/domain/{XEN-DOMU-ID}/attr/PVAddons/MicroVersion 0 /local/domain/{XEN-DOMU-ID}/data/updated 1

Basically… xen api checks you to have the three numbers of the version 6, 0 and 0 in the three keys mentioned apart than updated to 1….

this way…. seems that if you have a freebsd xenhvm kernel and xenserver tools and are able to do a xen-detect for example…. unless suspending, rebooting and shutting down the machine… works… I'm doing more checks….

Christian… thanks a lot mate for you're help… but think it's not going to be necessary :) :) but very thankful about that :) :)

I'll tell you how my tests are going….

Gonna check all this in Xencloud and see if it allows me moving vm's based of FreeBSD and so :) :)

Bye!!!