Re: [Xen-API] Wheezy xcp-xapi /usr/share/doc/xcp-xapi/README.Debian -bash: xe-mount-iso-sr: command not found

On 04/30/2012 02:12 AM, Jonathan Ludlam wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  :-)

Have you managed to get the xe command working at all yet?

Yes:

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-api/2012-04/msg00057.html

xe-mount-iso-sr is in /usr/lib/xcp/bin - it's not on the path.

Sneaky.  Next time, I'll try to remember to locate it:

2012-04-30 09:26:38 root@i72600s ~
# locate xe-mount-iso-sr
/usr/lib/xcp/bin/xe-mount-iso-sr

Documentation is an area where we're lacking at the moment, unfortunately :-(

Producing software for FOSS OS's is a conundrum -- every vendor and distribution is different (Debian GNU/Linux, GNU/kFreeBSD, i386, amd64, stable, testing, unstable, etc.; Red Hat ...; SUSE ...; *BSD ..., OpenSolaris ..., etc.). There are too many permutations, which imposes uncomfortable choices and duplicated effort.

Fortunately, I'm using Debian GNU/Linux amd64 testing and the Debian and Xen projects are making an effort to make XCP available on this platform. :-)

David