Re: [Xen-API] XenCloud, Xapi and FreeBSD

Including for stoping the virtual machine, sleeping, moving to another
host and so Dave?. Xentools port is available for FreeBSD so I assume
this could be.

On Sat, 2012-04-07 at 09:12 +0100, Dave Scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not aware of anyone trying to port the tools to FreeBSD. However, it
> should be quite simple because the tools are just a couple of shell scripts
> which write to xenstore (using "xenstore-write")
>
> So I think you would need to:
>
> 1. Make sure the "xenstore-*" commands work (you might need to set an
> environment variable first, to allow them to find the right kernel device)

Any kind of test I could do?? Till the moment FreeBSD is running quite
nice at the XCP apart of the fact is not having XenServerTools
installed... but yes Xentools and XENHVM kernel.

> 2. Customize the Linux shell scripts -- they need to know how to get the VM's
> IP addresses etc (replace eth0 with xn0?)

There's no problem on that....

> 3. Make sure the scripts start up as a system service

No problem too....

> 4. Contribute your work o the FreeBSD ports tree?

Of course!!! this is important for those who love FreeBSD for they're
servers!! It's not the same working mode as don't know Debian for
example... or Centos... and some people manages much more better with
FreeBSD...

so just shell scripts you say??