[Xen-API] XenCloud, Xapi and FreeBSD

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Egoitz Aurrekoetxea <egoitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 09:42:17 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 07:42:31 +0000

Good morning,

I would like to make a suggestion from this mailing list.

I'm working at an ISP environment and we're running Xen Cloud as
virtualization infrastructure. For a large number of years we have been
running FreeBSD (an nowadays... we run it too...).. although FreeBSD
seems to run pretty nice under XenCloud (with XENHVM kernel) the
interacion with xapi and XenServerTools are not supported for this
(IMHO) nice operating system. It gives so much possibilities to
experienced sysadmins that I think that other OS like Centos (for
example) are totally in clear disadvantage with this BSD Os (for some
several reasons which I could debate in other moment). So I would to
suggest from here to add support for FreeBSD at XenServerTools and to be
able to take advantage of this fine api with this fine OS.

Is it planned to give FreeBSD support to xapi?. If not, I could try to
take some time for trying to write it.

Thank you very much for you're time.
Best regards,