Re: [Xen-API] where find sources for windows software on xs-tools.iso?

  • To: Joseph Glanville <joseph.glanville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:58:09 +0100
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:57:59 +0000

Joseph,

  How about 'the entire codebase' as an answer ;-) There's no connection
between the two and not being familiar with the current state of GPLPV I can't
really compare and contrast at a functional level.

> Can one use the Citrix drivers on Xen.org 4.1.2?

  Yes. The EULA allows them to be used on open source Xen. I've had them
working myself on a private build of xen-unstable and a PVops dom0 kernel.

> I remember playing with them a while ago but had an issue where the Citrix
> shutdown monitor was polling a xenstore address that didn't exist ( I think
> this was on 4.0 and the drivers were for Boston..
> which AFAIK is 4.1-testing based)

You may well get issues with older guest agents dying and re-spawning because
of xenstore keys it expects to find and doesn't. I suggest using the package
from the recent Sanibel hotfix, XS602E002. The drivers and guest agent therein
should be fine on open source Xen and a PVops kernel although I have not tried
them myself.

  Paul