[Xen-API] Xen Documentation Day: March 26th

Hi,

everybody. A quick reminder that the next Xen Document Day is happening next Monday. For more detail see http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2012/03/22/xen-documentation-day-march-26th/ or below ...

Hope to see you on IRC! Feel free to add stuff to the TODO list (http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Document_Days#TODO) or put your name besides an item if you intend to work on it.

Best Regards
Lars

*************************************
* Xen Documentation Day: March 26th *
*************************************

We have another Xen document day come up next Monday. Xen Document Days are for people who care about Xen Documentation and want to improve it. We introduced Documentation Days, because working on documentation in parallel with like minded-people, is just more fun than working alone! Everybody who can contribute is welcome to join!

For a list of items that need work, check out the community maintained TODO list (http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Document_Days#TODO). Of course, you can work on anything you like: the list just provides suggestions.

How do I participate?
=====================

- Join us on IRC: freenode channel #xendocday
- Tell people what you intend to work on (to avoid doing something somebody
else is already working on)
- Fix some documentation
- Help others
- And above all: have fun!

Interesting items on the TODO list
==================================
I just went through our community maintained Docs Day TODO list and thought I’d
highlight some items:
- A feature status document that shows which features work in which Xen release!
That would be something for our developers to create!
- Admin docs covering topics such as “Setting boot order for domUs (PV and HVM)”, “Chaining pypxeboot and pygrub”, etc. Any proficient Xen user can help put these together! - Reviewing Wiki main page categories such as Beginners could really benefit from YOUR input. It would help to see whether the documents in a category are useful
to YOU and which ones should be highlighted in a trail.
- There is also some easy Wiki maintenance work that needs doing: some of it is as
easy as formatting. Anybody who knows could do this!

Personally, I will be working on:
- A new “Why Xen” and maybe “Which Xen” document, to help people decide whether Xen is
for them and what flavour of Xen is best
- I will also be working on content for the new xen.org website

I am looking forward to the day and hopefully documentation days will become a regular Xen event. See you on IRC!