[Xen-API] capabilities of xen migration

Hello all, I have recently finished a project researching solutions to perform virtual machine migration across ip subnets while maintaining tcp/ip connections. I am currently looking into continuing this work at a masters level and/ or using it for the google summer of code under either organization debian, or Gentoo. Anyways the current virtualization tecknology used is KVM and it is a limiting factor in our design. As such I am trying to look into other free open source technologies I can use for virtualization.

Basically I am wondering the current capabilities of XEN mainly for live migration purposes and more specifically if there is any capability that would allow me to migrate a VM while it is running and upon completion of migration be left with 2 instances of the VM running?

I understand that the two machines will obviously not be synchronized .. unless thats possible too? But I am woundering what current built in capabilities are as I would much rather focus on the networking side of the problem and limit the hacking to the current migration technologies to improve the design as this networking is more to where my expertise reside.
Thanks in advance
brendan