RE: [Xen-API] RE: Questions about the api

> It would be nice if Nexenta ads a unique serial to each lun like Netapp
> does.
> Right now I am stuck with allowing all initiators in one pool to see all
> the luns in that pool.

Hmm, that's a bit poor.

One approach is to hack the dom0 linux iscsi initiator to allow it to use
multiple initiator Ids at the same time (e.g. one per VM its performing IO
for). I think this is a relatively simple hack.

Kinda like NPIV for iSCSI...

> Exclusion would have been good :(
> Interested in that comparison also (with Comstar).

Does the Solaris target support SCSI3 Persistent Reservations?

Ian