RE: [Xen-API] RE: Questions about the api

>It would be interesting to compare the performance of iSCSI vs NFS. In earlier
>versions of Solaris that supported ZFS the iSCSI target wasn't particularly
>performant, so NFS was better than iSCSI, but I >imagine they are quite
>similar now.

>The main benefits of using iSCSI over NFS are:
> * Easier to do multi-homing
> * metadata (and optionally data) protection with CRCs
> * ability to "fence" other initiators from having access to an image.

>That last point is actually a big deal in cloud environments that need HA.

>Ian

It would be nice if Nexenta ads a unique serial to each lun like Netapp does.
Right now I am stuck with allowing all initiators in one pool to see all the
luns in that pool. Exclusion would have been good :(
Interested in that comparison also (with Comstar).