[Xen-API] Questions about the api

  • To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Tomoiaga Cristian <cristi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 17:58:25 +0300
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 08:24:00 -0700

Hello everyone,

I am writing a SR for Nexenta since I haven't found one and zfs seems pretty
good until now.
My questions are more related to missing(?) api calls.
I need to know if I can set the following fields in a VDI for example:

Is-a-snapshot - there is a get_is_a_snapshot call but not a set_is_a_snapshot.
Same for snapshot-of. Think it's usefull just in case I vdi-forget the snapshot
and re introduce it with a scan or in other situations.
parent - there is a get_parent but not a set_parent call, this would be nice.

Of course I can use sm-config for example, to set a parent but still, since the
field is there I would like to set it myself.

Thank you!
Tomoiaga Cristian