Re: [Xen-devel] XCP Community Call #2 / confcall audio problems

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 04:42:08PM +0300, Pasi KÃrkkÃinen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 11:57:29AM -0400, Stephen Spector wrote:
> >    Tomorrow is the XCP Community Call which will be dial-up as well as IRC
> >    chat, information below:
> >

> Stephen:
>
> I guess the confcall audio is fine for UK people,
> but it is and has been really horrible for me..
>
> Basicly huge amount of echo, and I can hear like 1/3 of every word,
> so it's really difficult to hear/understand anything from the confcall..
>
> I tried muting myself, but that didn't help much.
> Other people were complaining (on irc) about the same problem..
>
> Dunno if there's anything that could be done to fix it..

We had an similar experience in Japan.

I wonder if its a microphone issue. I can visualise a bunch of people sitting
around a table, with a conn-call device in the middle, but people not
paying much attention to facing it when they speak.

In any case, I managed to make out perhaps 1/2 of the second half of the
meeting, which was a vast improvement on what I could hear for the first
half.