[Xen-API] RE: [Xen-devel] XCP Community Call #2 / confcall audio problems

> > I guess the confcall audio is fine for UK people,
> > but it is and has been really horrible for me..
> >
> > Basicly huge amount of echo, and I can hear like 1/3 of every word,
> > so it's really difficult to hear/understand anything from the confcall..
> >
> > I tried muting myself, but that didn't help much.
> > Other people were complaining (on irc) about the same problem..
> >
> > Dunno if there's anything that could be done to fix it..
>
> We had an similar experience in Japan.
>
> I wonder if its a microphone issue. I can visualise a bunch of people
> sitting
> around a table, with a conn-call device in the middle, but people not
> paying much attention to facing it when they speak.
>
> In any case, I managed to make out perhaps 1/2 of the second half of the
> meeting, which was a vast improvement on what I could hear for the first
> half.

Sorry to hear the audio quality was poor. The BT bridge is obviously struggling
with so many people dialled in. Perhaps next time we could try with folk
explicitly muting their line on the bridge when not talking using *6 (repeat to
un-mute) -- this works better than simply muting the handset.

We also need to remind folks who are using speaker phones to get close to the
phone before talking.

Thanks,
Ian