Re: [win-pv-devel] xenbus fails to load on Win7 x64

As a project we're lacking a support policy. I need to write one!

My aim is to support an OS, as far as bugfixes go, for its extended support
lifetime or certainly as long as we are able to sign releases for it. So, the
8.2 drivers will need to stick around until everything prior to Windows 8 is
out of support.  At the moment we haven't retired any interface versions
(except across the major release, which is intended to require a re-install of
all drivers) but my plan is that interfaces can be retired 90 days after a
newer version of an interface has been released.

Given that, as you say, the kernel interfaces are unaffected by your patch then
compatibility is not an issue anyway so releasing it in 8.2.2 does sound
reasonable. Also, backporting the vs2017 tooling is a definitely a good idea if
it can still be used to build for Windows 7. I'll try to do that a.s.a.p.

  Cheers,

    Paul