Re: [win-pv-devel] Problems with xenvbd

Il 21/08/2015 00:03, RafaÅ WojdyÅa ha scritto:
On 2015-08-19 23:25, Paul Durrant wrote:
-----Original Message----- From:
win-pv-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:win-pv-devel-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rafal Wojdyla Sent: 18
August 2015 14:33 To: win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject:
[win-pv-devel] Problems with xenvbd

Hi,

I've been testing the current pvdrivers code in preparation for
creating upstream patches for my xeniface additions and I noticed
than xenvbd seems to be very unstable for me. I'm not sure if it's
a problem with xenvbd itself or my code because it seemed to only
manifest when the full suite of our guest tools was installed along
with xenvbd. In short, most of the time the system crashed with
kernel memory corruption in seemingly random processes shortly
after start. Driver Verifier didn't seem to catch anything. You can
see a log from one such crash in the attachment crash1.txt.

Today I tried to perform some more tests but this time without our
guest tools (only pvdrivers and our shared libraries were
installed). To my surprise now Driver Verifier was crashing the
system every time in xenvbd (see crash2.txt). I don't know why it
didn't catch that previously... If adding some timeout to the
offending wait doesn't break anything I'll try that to see if I can
reproduce the previous memory corruptions.

Those crashes do look odd. I'm on PTO for the next week but I'll have
a look when I get back to the office. I did run verifier on all the
drivers a week or so back (while running vbd plug/unplug tests) but
there have been a couple of changes since then.

Paul

No problem. I attached some more logs. The last one was during system
shutdown, after that the OS failed to boot (probably corrupted
filesystem since the BSOD itself seemed to indicate that). I think every
time there is a BLKIF_RSP_ERROR somewhere but I'm not yet familiar with
Xen PV device interfaces so not sure what that means.

In the meantime I've run more tests on my modified xeniface driver to
make sure it's not contributing to these issues but everything seemed to
be fine there.

I also had a disk corruption on windows 10 pro 64 bit with pv drivers build of 11 august but I'm not sure that is related to winpv drivers, on same domU I started testing also snapshot with qcow2 disk overlay. For this case I don't have useful information because don't try to boot windows at all but if rehappen I'll try to take other useful information.