Re: [win-pv-devel] Signing new winpv drivers

Il 20/08/2015 17:37, Paul Durrant ha scritto:
You need to run

bcdedit /set testsigning on

before installing test signed drivers on even 32 bit win 10. I have done it and been testing on win 10 for a while.

  Paul

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry if I don't explain good for my bad english, I obviously I already activated testsigning before installed the pv drivers, and they was working before windows upgrade, but not after.
The old cases was on updating windows 10 preview builds
and I do not give importance but latest was updating windows 10 stable builds, before windows with pv drivers full working, after installing windows update and rebooting not (seems that disabled testsigning mode).
Same updates on windows 10 domUs with signed gplpv instead still booted correctly.
All domUs are windows 10 pro 64 bit.
This happen 7 times with preview build (if I remember good) and 2 times with stable builds for now.

-------- Original message --------
From: Fabio Fantoni
Date:20/08/2015 14:43 (GMT+00:00)
Subject: [win-pv-devel] Signing new winpv drivers

I found a important problem on windows 10 domUs:
on "major updates", some preview builds and in latest days also in
"stable" versions, windows was unable to boot because can't load
unsigned winpv drivers (more exacly give blue screen on xenbus).
F8 is not working, boot fix from W10 iso doesn't solve the problem and
trying to disable xen_platform_pci in domUs configuration also fails.
Seems that W10 on some updates disables the testsigning and make domUs
unable to boot again.
The only good solution I suppose is to use signed winpv drivers.
Anyone has found a workaround for this?

Based on this Paul Durrant reply seems that there will be no signed
build of xen project drivers:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-08/msg00133.html
xenserver drivers installer is signed but don't support other versions
apart xenserver itself, so I suppose there will be no chance of "advance
install selection" but only base components and xenlite agent instead of
full xenserver things, is it right?

Is there anyone with ev microsoft certificate (including addition thing
required for windows 10) that planning to do a public release of signed
build for stable versions of new winpv drivers?

Is there a possibility to sign rc and stable of xen project builds
taking a certificate for xen project for example with a crowdfunding?

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.