Re: [Xen-users] Storage driver domain for HVM guest

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 11:24:19AM -0500, Alex Velazquez wrote:
> If anyone has experience getting a storage driver domain to serve
> disks that HVM/PVHVM guests can use to boot, or can spot any mistakes
> I've made, (or can tell me it's not possible yet), I'd be very
> grateful for advice.

I've not looked at the specifics of your problem but it should be possible to
use a pv or hvm backend storage
driver domain with pv or hvm frontends.  I have used the following in all
possible combinations:

dom0:
Xen 4.4.3, Ubuntu 14.04 with 3.19 kernel

frontends:
Ubuntu 14.04 with 3.19 kernel
Windows 2012 (recent WinPV drivers build)

backends
Ubuntu 14.04 with 3.19 kernel (pv)
FreeBSD 10.2 (HVM)

The disk for the frontends is using the form:

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/volume,xvda,w,backend=storagedom' ]

IIRC the xl config parser needs patching to recognise the backend parameter for
this format.

Regards,
James