[Xen-users] Cross-compiling tool stack for ARM

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jeenu Viswambharan <Jeenu.Viswambharan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 15:56:26 +0100
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-GB
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 27 May 2014 14:57:08 +0000

Hi,

I'm new to Xen but am comfortable with ARM virtualization. I'm trying to
build a system running Xen on Vexpress TC2 board, with a single guest.

From what I've learned so far, I should build u-boot, Xen, Dom0 guest,
Xen tool stack, and a DomU guest to get there. I've followed Wiki pages
[1][2] to built u-boot and Xen.

I'm now trying to cross-compile Xen tool stack. Presumably, once they're
built, I should insert them in Dom0 guest's file system.

The wiki pages [1] didn't instruct to run 'configure' to build Xen, but
it appears that 'configure' must be executed to build tools. I've
installed all pre-requisites, and am using the following command line
for building tools (I'm not convinced it's correct, but):

  ./configure XEN_TARGET_ARCH=arm32 CROSS_COMPILE=/path/to/arm-linux-gnueabihf-

This fails and terminates with:

  checking for glib... no
  configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.12) were not met:

  No package 'glib-2.0' found

  Alternatively, you may set the environment variables glib_CFLAGS
  and glib_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
  configure: error: ./configure failed for tools

The tool chain that I'm using is from Linaro, and I verified that it
doesn't come with any '.pc' files. Could you suggest a way to proceed
with the compilation?

--
Jeenu

[2] http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions
[1]
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/Vexpress

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782