Re: [Xen-users] Xen black screens while booting in Arch Linux with UEFI GRUB

On Sat, 2013-12-21 at 11:01 -0300, Zir Blazer wrote:

> > As I said in my original reply xen.efi is supposed to be booted
> directly
>
> > from the EFI shell, not via a bootloader.
> >
> > Whether or not that is your problem I don't know, but that is what I
> > believe is supposed to work, whereas all these others are unknowns,
> so
> > please try that. (this is because Xen needs to be called EFI Boot
> > Services still available and bootloaders tend to call
> ExitBootServices
> > before calling the kernel)
>

> Do you have instructions on how to launch it from the EFI Shell so I
> can test that? I know my Motherboard has an embedded EFI Shell and I
> know how to boot to it, but there isn't a lot of information on how to
> use it.

I'm afraid I have no idea, it might be hardware specific for all I know.

> Is there any more info I can provide to see if someone has an idea
> about why I can't get it working? I suppose someone should have more
> ideas now that I tracked the issue a bit more.

I'm way out of my depth on both the EFI and VGA passthrough fronts I'm
afraid.

It's not all that implausible that there is a bug in here somewhere --
you could try reporting to the -devel list and see if anyone has any
clues.