Re: [Xen-users] What's the easiest route for ARM

On Mon, 2013-12-30 at 19:32 -0700, Darren Shepherd wrote:
> I really want to get xen running on arm and was curious what would be
> the best device to use to get running.  Ideally I'm looking for the
> same hardware the majority of the recent arm development has been done
> on.
>
> I was looking at getting an arndale board or the new octo.  It seems
> like its a four week wait to get one, so I wanted to first make sure
> that that is a good board for xen or maybe there's a better route.

The arndale is a good bet if you can get one. I don't think any of the
devs have an octo yet so unless you are excited to do the platform
bringup (which is not all that hard, but can be a bit lowlevel) you
might want to steer clear of that one for now.

I've got things working on a cubieboard2 and there was a cubietruck on
my desk when I got in this morning, so either of those platforms might
be a good bet, and are a bit easier to get hold of than an arndale (plus
considerably cheaper).

There are lists of hardware at
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions and some
per platform notes.