Re: [Xen-users] noise appears with Intel HD graphics 4600 IGD passthrough

On 26/08/2013 11:10, Kento Takahashi wrote:
Hi all,

I have installed Xen and Windows 7 domU in Ubuntu 12.04 dom0.
I tried following versions of Xen and dom0 linux kernel.

  Xen: 4.3, 4.4-unstable(revision 27363)
  kernel: 3.10.7, 3.11.0-rc6

I tried to passthrough the Intel HD graphics 4600 IGD to the domU,
and it is successful. Refer to the dxdiag screenshot.

However, when I ran 3DMark Basic Edition or some other benchmarks, there
is often noise across the screen as the attached screenshot.

How can I remove this noise?
Please advise.

Best regards,
Kento

Dear Kento,

May I know which manual/tutorial/guide did you follow in getting IGD passthrough to work successfully?

Could you share with us your GRUB2 configuration, Windows 7 HVM domU configuration, and Linux kernel configuration file?

Thank you very much.
--
Yours sincerely,

Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)