Re: [Xen-users] qemu-dm sound card support..

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 8:55 AM, nesredin mahmud <nasmitlinux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hello everyone,

I created HVM guest on xen-4.1. Many of the features I want are working except the sound system.
I tried available sound driver models (sb16|es1370|ac97,pcspk), no luck. Then I taught may be my sound card is not supported by qemu-dm. How is it possible to know if my sound card is supported by qemu-dm?

Here is host sound card information
$lspci -v
- - -
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Panther Point High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 3398
    Memory at f7c30000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: [60] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Capabilities: [70] Express Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel
    Capabilities: [130] Root Complex Link
    Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
    Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel
- -

If it is not supported, what shall I do??

thank you so much.

Best,

//nas

nas,

  Which Operating System are you trying to run as the as the HVM Guest? I seem to recall reading that its hard to find working drivers if your guest OS is Windows 7; its something that the newer release avoids because it can support Intel HDA (which has drivers included with the OS, iirc)

Regards,

   David