Re: [Xen-users] Which services should I add to init.d?

On Tue, 2013-08-06 at 20:46 +0100, Kelvin Middleton wrote:
> Hi, have a working Xen 4.3.0 on an Ubuntu Server 12.04.2.  I built xen
> from source and currently on each reboot of the dom0 I need to
> manually start xencommons else I get a error when I attempt to use xl.
>

> I note there are 3 services which haven't got init scripts to
> automatically start...
>

> xencommons
> xenwatchdog
> xendomains
>

> Which do I need to autostart and what values should I be using in my
> update-rc.d command?

You need xencommons always.

It is safe to always enable xendomains, but you only actually need it if
you want to auto start domains on boot or auto stop them on dom0 reboot.

enable xenwatchdog if you want to enable the watchdog.

> (have previously used "update-rc.d -f xencommons start 70 2 3 4 5 .
> stop 10 0 1 6 ." but I don't understand the "why" to the numbers?)

They are initlevels and priorities, they are described in the
update-rc.d manpage.

You can most likely just use "update-rc.d foo enable".