Re: [Xen-users] Regarding Openvswitch suppotrs Xen 4..2.1

On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 10:14 +0530, Prapulla Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>

> As I see blogs or websites the openvswitch is support XCP and
> Xenserver. But to support opensource Xen 4.2.1 what should be
> configure and how to interface with openflow .

Note that OVS support was only added upstream in 4.3. I cannot guarantee
that other fixes are not required for it to work on 4.2.x (e.g. I recall
some hotplug related changes which were needed for clean teardown, but
not if they are in 4.2.x or not).

If you want OVS support you would be best advised to switch to Xen 4.3

> I have tried using vif-openswitch network script for bridging, while
>  adding datapath using ovs-dpctl add-dp xenbr0 it is added but
> ovs-dpctl dump-flows xenbr0 it is getting
> ovs-dpctl: opening datapath (No such device). Can you suggest any
> configuration for openflow with openvswitch.

Did you configure the host networking as described in
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Network_Configuration_Examples_%28Xen_4.1%2B%
29#Openvswitch
?