Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu 12.10 out of the box with Xen 4.1

Well, this is one of the few times I've found that upgrading a
laptop's BIOS made things seriously worse.  :(

The new BIOS introduces a new problem: it makes Linux think that the
system is overheating, resulting in the processor moving at a snail's
pace.  And, to make things even better, once you've upgraded the BIOS,
you can't downgrade.  Just lovely.

This problem has prompted folks to come up with patches like this:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-acpi/msg40108.html

However, I don't know that any form of this patch has made its way
into the stable tree and onto an actual distribution.  So I have a
laptop which is sluggish under Windows and useless under Linux.  Guess
I need to find a patched kernel somewhere and see what I can do.  So
much for trying to capture the "out of box" experience, I guess.

Thanks all,

Russ