Re: [Xen-users] USB devices in dom0 failing to accept address

On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 17:08 +0000, Andy Hawkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In article <1372178958.18901.93.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>            Ian Campbell<Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I had a vague feeling this was related to interrupts and then I spotted
> > this message in the middle here ;-)
> >
> > I'd start by making sure you have the latest firmware for your hardware,
> > in order to make sure your BIOS tables are all up to date.
>
> I should probably add that I'm booting with 'acpi=noirq' in the kernel
> command line. If I don't do this it locks up mid way through boot.

I think you should take a step back and report/tackle that lockup issue
head on rather than working around it. I strongly suspect that it is
causing your USB issue.

The first step for the lockup issue would still be to check you have the
latest BIOS though.

> I'll double check the BIOS on the motherboard, it might well not be the
> latest version. However, the USB stuff *does* work just fine if I book to
> 'vanilla' linux rather than Xen.

Including if you use the Linux equivalent of "acpi=noirq" ?