[Xen-users] No volume groups on install; cannot connect to xend

Folks,

This question came in on the XenProject.org Q&A system.  Can anyone
answer it over there, or send me an answer that I can post on your
behalf?

xenlearner writes:
"Os environment is ubuntu12.04

i install xen by the commond apt-get install xen-hypervisor-4.1-amd64,
during the installation, a wired message "No volume groups found"
appears.

When i create vm, it fails with the message "Unable to connect to
xend: Connection refused. Is xend running?". Howerver the commod "xm
list" works and i'm sure service xend has started already.

who can help me ?"

Thanks,

Russ Pavlicek
Xen Project Evangelist