Re: [Xen-users] Strengthening The Xen On-Ramp

On 6/17/13 9:39 PM, Russ Pavlicek wrote:
I am trying to identify what learning materials we need to make Xen
more approachable by new users.

If you or someone in your organization tried to learn Xen in the past
year or so, how did you do it?

What pages did you use?
  Documents?
  Videos?
  Slides?
  Training?
  Anything else?

What material couldn't you find that you wished you could find?
What material would have been more useful if it was more complete or
more current?

Thanks,

Russ Pavlicek
Xen Project Evangelist

The materials I found most helpful in the wiki were the step-by-step examples. Some general information about ease of installation given the appropriate distribution could be helpful as well, since I'm going to guess others like myself were scared away in the past by the need to compile your own kernel and whatnot. Obviously that's not necessarily the case in many situations, but I think there is a perception that Xen is difficult to get running. I first really dug into it last year to virtualize my MythTV system (complete with capture cards) and other environments (web apps, e-mail). I ended up bailing out after a few months due disk corruption issues that I couldn't resolve but have been paying close attention to this list and the project hoping that 4.3 and a newer distribution can resolve my previous headaches.

-Robert