From: Mohammad Altahat [mailto:maaltahat@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 11:34 PM
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Creating a bridged network on CentOS for the xen hypervisor

Dear xen users,

I am asking about how to creat a bridged network on CentOS 6.4.. I have the Xen hypervisor installed and booted correctly but there is no internet access there.

I have followed the commands and steps in these links, but non of them worked for me:
1: http://www.eucalyptus.com/docs/3.1/ig/configuring_bridge.html
2: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/rhel-linux-kvm-virtualization-bridged-networking-with-libvirt/
3: http://www.banym.de/linux/centos/setup-bridge-device-on-centos

I have a problem that the ifcfg-eth0 file does not exist in my network-scripts directory; I searched the websites and they say I can just creat a new file with some parameters assigned, but when I do so; I lose the internet access. I do not know if that is the problem make me unable to create a bridged network correctly.

I am not an expert in these network stuff, so please help me.

I am connecting the machine on a LAN network in my lab. at the university.

Best regards and wishes,
Mohammad Altahat.