Re: [Xen-users] VGA Passthrough / Xen 4.2 / Linux 3.9.2

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 16 May 2013 14:47:09 +0100, Ricardo Jesus <ricardo.meb.jesus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > Also, on a side note, I can confirm that my HD 4000 graphics does
not support FLR... and appears to be a PCI device :(

HD4000 graphics is provided by the CPU and it works with primary VGA
passthrough with the xm toolstack running Wheezy stock linux kernel an
4.1.x hypervisor.

Really? Why wouldn't it work for secondary passthrough?

I'd suspect that it does work for secondary passthrough.  I'm under the impression that working primary passthrough devices are a subset of working secondary passthrough devices.  I'd love to know if that's not the case, though!

-Andrew

I have one of those in my microserver. It's not really up to the task of gaming
(hell, it isn't even up to the task of HD video decoding and
scaling it down to 1366x768), but it can take 16GB of RAM, so makes
for a reasonably neat, dirt cheap, low-performance VM testing machine.

FLR- in my personnal experience doesnt mean much.

You have seen the mythical item that is a GPU with FLR? If you
haven't I'm not sure how you can make a reasonable experience
based comparison.

Gordan