Re: [Xen-users] FreeBSD PVHVM call for testing

On 05/13/13 12:08, Michael Sierchio wrote:
> The Windoze tax is unacceptable for a number of reasons - the primary reason
> is
> that I'm not running Windows.  I don't think the licensing scheme is unfair
> for
> those actually running Windows, mind you.

Right, it's definitely annoying having to pay more -- I just wanted to point out
that the ability does exist, if you're willing to pay the price.

> At the AWS Summit, an assertion was made that HVM support might be coming soon
> for all instance types for *NIX OSes.  I hope that's true.

Was it indeed?  I must not have been present for that... it certainly would be
good news.  Certainly all the new instance types they've released in the past
few years have had UNIX HVM support.

--
Colin Percival