Re: [Xen-users] FreeBSD PVHVM call for testing

The Windoze tax is unacceptable for a number of reasons - the primary reason is that I'm not running Windows.  I don't think the licensing scheme is unfair for those actually running Windows, mind you.

At the AWS Summit, an assertion was made that HVM support might be coming soon for all instance types for *NIX OSes.  I hope that's true.

- M

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Colin Percival <cperciva@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/13/13 11:52, Michael Sierchio wrote:
> I think should be encouraged.  We're eagerly awaiting the ability to run
> FreeBSD in AWS in something other than t1.micro or cluster compute
> instances.  Should we keep holding out hope, or will AWS make HVM available
> for all instance types before this happens?

Err... my AMIs run on all EC2 instance types.  On some you have to pay the
Windows rate, that's all.

--
Colin Percival