[Xen-users] Bridged, have IP, can't ping anything, including the gateway

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Matt Baer <mbaer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 10:18:54 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 13 May 2013 15:20:24 +0000

First off, let me start by saying that I am new to Xen.  I do have experience in Virtualization, but mainly VirtualBox and VMWare.

I'm attempting to test Xen in preparation for the physical server arrival this Friday.  The dom0 is currently running on a VirtualBox VM, which I'm wondering if that could be the issue that I'm having.

I'm almost 100% up and running. I worked through some issues I had with bridging the network.  I've finally got it to a point where I am getting a DHCP address.  The dom0 machine is .190 and the domU is .213.  I cannot ping the gateway nor anything else from the domU (Debian) nor can I ping the domU from anything else on my network.  I haven't seen anything in IPTables that would indicate any issue there.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?

--
Thanks,
Matt Baer

815.738.2211 - Main Office