[Xen-users] How can I use file-backend VBDs for PVHVM domain?

Hello Everyone,

I'm a student in Korea. and I have a question about PVHVM mode. (PVHVM, PV on HVM whatever)

I want to use PV driver on HVM domain. and I found the way on the website.

- Xen PVHVM drivers configuration example -
vif = [ 'mac=00:16:5e:02:07:45, bridge=xenbr0, model=e1000' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/vg01/vm01-disk0,hda,w', ',hdc:cdrom,r' ]
xen_platform_pci=1

And, I can do that. Exporting physical devices as VBDs is works fine.

But, I want to use file disk driver for PVHVM
like,
disk = [’file:/full/path/to/vm1disk,sda1,w’] or
disk = [’tap:aio:/full/path/to/vm1disk,sda1,w’]

But, when I change disk configuration like that,
then, the domain automatically changed to the HVM domain which use emulation.(Not PV driver)

So I want to find the way to use file-backend driver. please help me.

Best Regards.

Younghyun.