Re: [Xen-users] SSD 4K Alignment?

  • To: "'Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jan-Aage Frydenbø-Bruvoll <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 08:36:56 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 07 May 2013 08:38:00 +0000

Hi Mitch,

Absolutely - and for the record, we have seen worse problems on other
platforms, so I am definitely not out XCP/Xen-bashing. We ended up with a
home-hacked LXC rig, which I am now trying to get rid of, as we just can't
scale it properly. We're investigating a few different options and they -will-
involve either Xen or KVM - at least this time around we have a running
platform and will have much more time for un-panicked investigations.

To be honest I'm just very curious as to what the solution here might be -
maybe we made an error or forgot something that threw us into the same hole.

Best regards
Jan