Re: [Xen-users] SSD 4K Alignment?

  • To: "Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jan-Aage Frydenbø-Bruvoll <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 08:31:01 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 07 May 2013 08:32:10 +0000

Hi Greg,

> Are you using the GPLPV drivers for windows?  These should be considered
> mandatory for anyone expecting performance out of Windows on Xen.

No all our VMs were Linux - we were pretty desperate (having both SSD and
FusionIO storage to get deployed) and tried more or less every pre-built distro
image out there along with all kinds of hand-built kernels (we're mainly a
Gentoo shop). All to no avail. We weren't able to test further as we were at
the brink of losing our customers, so there might very well have been things we
could have done differently, but nothing that 3 months of googling and
experimenting could uncover.

Best regards
Jan