Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] DomU creation causes reboot of Dom0

On Sat, 2013-04-27 at 18:34 +0100, OrÃun YÄldÄz wrote:
> Hi,

This appears to be a user question and not a development issue, please
use xen-users@ for such issues. Redirecting (-devel to bcc).

> Recently trying to install DomU guest on top of compiled Xen 4.1.4 on
> Ubuntu 11.10(in VirtualBox environment). When installation finishes
> (successfully) it automatically reboots and also after rebooting when
> I do xm create -c /etc/xen/mydomU.cfg it reboots again. What can cause
> this ??

Did you check the logs?
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen has a useful
checklist of log files to consider including.

> I added "noreboot" to Grub commandline for Xen but now as expected it
> just hangs after installation.

Uh, I'm confused, are you talking about the host or domU rebooting?
noreboot should affect the host not a domU and it seems like you are
talking about domU.

When it "hangs" do you see any log messages? You may need to setup
serial console (linkd from the wiki page above).