Re: [Xen-users] Storage recovery question / recommendations

On Mon, 04/15/2013 06:08 PM, "mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Specifically I only REALLY need a single virtual hard drive - Ideally the
> whole vm would be nice - which was created late in the host server's lifetime
> (so theoretically further into the disk).
>
> Failing that, whatever FILES from that vhd that could be pulled would be
> great.
>
> The reinit was fast - so it obviously didn't WIPE the disk.

You are correct. The reinit would have wiped the previous LVM structure and
created a new one.
Check /etc/lvm/archive or /etc/lvm/backup for a backup vg config. You can then
use vgcfgrestore to restore the previous configuration onto the SR.

> 1)     Any information on underlying file system / advice on recovery methods
> etc.
>
> 2)     Any recommendations on consultants or firms who have fixed this sort
> of error for you?
>
> 3)     Any advice for the future on a way to remount an HBA device after an
> upgrade or an LVM if that's preferred (and why does it default to HBA if LVM
> is better?) I've been reading but probably reading the wrong stuff as I don't
> see a clear answer yet...

HBAoLVM is the default SR type for anything attached via FC through XenCenter.