[Xen-users] blktap 2 (or 3?) and debian wheezy

Hi,

I'm using Xen 4.1.x on debian wheezy. The package I use are the
official ones but slightly modified to build the stubdoms (pv-grub)
which aren't build in the official ones (for whatever reason).

I'd like to use blktap2 (mostly because I want to develop support for
another image type and this seems the only option), but I'm _really_
confused about what I should use.

There are some blktap2 stuff built inside the xen tree. Only tap-ctl
is installed at the moment but tapdisk-client, tapdisk-diff,
tapdisk-stream, tapdisk2 are also built but not inserted into the
package (and they also don't seem linked to the proper libraries, most
likely some incomplete debian patch ...)

There is also a blktap-utils package whose source kind of look like
what's in the xen tree but different at some places. It also seems to
duplicate some of the binaries (like tap-ctl which is installed by xen
package). It also has a _lot_ of dependencies that seem spurious ( I
mean, _why_ would I need to have GCC ??? )

Also, I'm running a custom kernel (I need a bunch of stuff that's not
in the default wheezy kernel) and I've included the blktap kernel
module directly in the package.

So is anyone using blktap2 on debian wheezy ?

As a final question, what's up with blktap3 ? The information I see
about it are not very clear (and the wiki is of no help AFAICT).

Cheers,

     Sylvain