Re: [Xen-users] Automating boot of Ubuntu on encrypted LVM?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Rich Wales <richw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 19:27:34 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 02:29:12 +0000

> If it would solve your problem: You could use one encrypted partition,
> holding a VG, holding an LV for each of the dom0 & domU roots.  The dom0
> /boot sits in a normal partition.  The passphrase is requested once on
> boot of the dom0.  It seems like the security would be equivalent.

What you're describing is, in fact, the way my domU is currently set up.

But what I'm trying to do here is to find a way for the boot process of
the domU to get the passphrase from a file, instead of my needing to type
it to the domU's console.

Rich Wales
richw@xxxxxxxxx