Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.1.2 - stub domains for IO. Not working ?

On Tue, 2013-02-19 at 15:29 +0000, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> > The 'c' in the status indicates that the stub domain has crashed.
> >
> > There may be a clue as to why in the Xen console log or you may find
> > something use on the stubdom console, I think you can "xl console
> > wxp-00-dm" to see that, or you can enable console logging as described
> > in
> > http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen#Guest_console_logs
>
> I enabled console logging and checked that it worked using a PV domain.
>
> Unfortunately the main domain only creates and empty log file and the
> -dm domain doesn't create anything at all.
> I tried attaching to console, but that didn't help
>
> There is also no errors reported in the 'xl dmesg' output or the linux
> 'dmesg' output either.

Odd for the crash to be totally silent in all the logs.

You may need "loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all" on your hypervisor command
line. Failing that rebuilding the hypervisor with "debug=y" (passed on
the make command line) might expose something useful.

Lastly you could try running /usr/lib*/xen/bin/xenctx on the dm domain,
which might give you an IP address which can be related to the kernel
binary image with gdb or addr2line etc.