Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.1.2 - stub domains for IO. Not working ?

On Tue, 2013-02-19 at 14:58 +0000, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use stub domains for IO for HVM domains, under Xen 4.1.2
> with xl toolstack
>
> The domain works fine with either qemu-xen-traditional or qemu
> upstream, but I'd like to try stub domains.
>
> If I understand the doc correctly just adding
> "device_model_stubdomain_override = 1" to the config should do the
> trick.

NB this only currently works with qemu-xen-trad, not the upstream
version.

> However doing that doesn't really work.
>
>  - qemu-dm is still started in the dom0 which AFAIU shouldn't be the case.

This is normal, since the qemu-dm in dom0 provides some PV services
(e.g. frame buffer backend) to the stubdomain.

>  - There is a xxx-dm domain that starts so that's a good sign, however
> they both stay stuck like :
>
> wxp-00                                       7  1531     1     ------
> 0.0
> wxp-00-dm                                    8    32     1     ---sc-
> 0.0

The 'c' in the status indicates that the stub domain has crashed.

There may be a clue as to why in the Xen console log or you may find
something use on the stubdom console, I think you can "xl console
wxp-00-dm" to see that, or you can enable console logging as described
in
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen#Guest_console_logs