[Xen-users] Hardware Reset non-FLR PCI card

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: William Garcia <garciaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 21:13:29 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 02:14:46 +0000

Hello,

I've embarked on this journey of building an all in one xen server with pci pass-through for a HD5450 PCIe card which is working great along with a usb keyboard and mouse so no problems there.  I have compiled from source the kernel 3.4.9 as well as xen 4.2.1 with no problems allowing pciback to be enabled at the kernel level and not as a module.  All of my passthrough are done via pciback.hide in the grub.cfg file...no problems there.

I have a PC DVR  surveillance card that i currently use in one of my physical win7 machines I've created an identical vm and I've attached this card to it; here is where my problems begin as the card is not FLR capable and therefore once it is initialized the vm can not change the power state on it and the driver installation fails.  I've disabled win7 updates to not automatically install the drivers for this card as I currently have manufacturer drivers for it yet the installations still fails i suspect this is an FLR issue.

My question is have any of you guys had success installing any non flr device on a fresh boot in order for the driver to install properly.  I am seeking some guidance as i know im not the only one having this issue.  My entire infrastructure is successfully virtualized except for this machine running this surveillance equipment which is vital to my business and i can not afford to not run it

Will
Semper Fi