Re: [Xen-users] Different weights to 2 VMs but still showing same CPU utilization

Hi Lokesh,

I am wondering how you pinned VMs to a single core.

From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lokesh Walase
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:19 AM
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Different weights to 2 VMs but still showing same CPU utilization

 Hi,
I have installed Xen 4.1 on Intel i7 machine, 4GB RAM. Hyperthreading switched off via BIOS.

I have pinned 2 VMs to one single core & given different weights to both of them( 2:1 ).
After this,100% load was given to each VM, by running an infinite loop inside each VM.
Both VMs have 1024MB of RAM.

So now their CPU utilization should also be in ratio 2:1.

However, both of them has 50-50% utilization as shown by "xm top" command.

Can you please explain this behavior ? Am I missing something ?