[Xen-users] XCP | dom0 Best Practices Question

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Lance Douglas <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 07:43:35 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-CA, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 07:45:09 +0000

Hello XCP Users,

I'm getting my FTTP connection next week and I am setting up my first production XCP server for hosting a few VPS for webhosting and a couple virtual desktops for home and business use.

I have 6 hot-swap bays that I intend to utilized for scale, not redundancy, as I'll be using a hosted disk environment at the other end of the fibre-optic connection for my live backups to the community SAN.

My question is; does it make sense to utilize the one 128GB SSD drive that I have as a dedicated drive solely for the dom0 diskspace?  Or does it make mores sense to use less expensive SATA drives?  What factors should be considered for this decision.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,

Lance