Re: [Xen-users] Severe dom0 performance issues after installing Xen

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Raj Mathur (ààà ààààà)" <raju@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 07:30:43 +0530
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 02:03:35 +0000

On Tuesday 04 Sep 2012, Keith Buck wrote:
> I'm experiencing some severe performance issues running Xen 4.0.1
> with a cleanly-installed Debian 6 dom0.  Prior to installation, the
> machine's performance was fine, but after installation booting takes
> anywhere from 5 to 20 times longer, processes take a long time to
> start, and SSH lags.  No domUs are running (or have been created
> yet).  I can switch back to running without Xen (but still using the
> Xen-compatible kernel) and the performance problems disappear.

Probably a stupid question, but sometime we miss the obvious: did you
make any networking changes?  Specifically, could this problem be due to
not being able to reverse resolve IP addresses on your machine?

Regards,

-- Raj
--
Raj Mathur                          || raju@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   || GPG: