Re: [Xen-users] Xen vs VMWare comparison paper

> Hello Admin,
>
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:11 PM,  <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm guessing that the benchmarks were run without any optimized
> > drivers for Windows under Xen.  That would be the only way to explain
> > the dismal performance.  Windows is known to perform poorly under Xen
> > if you simply install Windows and don't install optimized drives.  In
> > all fairness, Windows performs poorly on native hardware if you don't
> > install optimized drivers, so testers should expect to have to install
> > optimized drivers when testing Windows regardless of the environment.
> > I have emailed them about this, and I will post anything I hear back from
> them.
>
> I'm rather curious here because you said "optimized drivers" rather than
> saying "GPLPV."  Is there a choice of [better than stock] drivers for a
> Windows HVM DomU that I'm not aware of?  I ask because GPLPV doesn't
> quite work for me yet in all situations.

If they were running the Citrix branded Xen product then Citrix's own drivers
would be the obvious choice.

In what way is GPLPV letting you down? You asked about USB a while back... I've
made some progress there but it's still very much a work in progress.

Thanks

James